- I ran into three of the best, most wonderful, golden-plated people my life has ever met today on the street. Made my heart feel like break dancing in traffic and, also, like it was the inside of a toasted marshmallow.
- I am dehydrated as hell. My brain hurts.
- I am done with classes. (an el nino of relief)
- I am eventually going to write poems today. Or, rather, give love to poems that need it.
- Loveboat extraordinaires MEGAN FALLEY & MILES WALSER are poem-ing at my face tonight and I am so excited.
- I just started reading Mindy Nettifee’s “Glitter In The Blood” and I honesttogoodness have already felt lifted out of own my heavy shadow. She is incredible. You need to buy and engulf “Rise of The Trust Fall” (on WriteBloody press) if you love poetry. You need to buy and engulf “Glitter In The Blood” if you love writing poetry. You need to do all of the above if you ever wished The Good Witch (of The Wizard of Oz) would find you and adopt you.
- Life is a good good place to grow.
you seen a woman get happy wherever she remember God?
you’ve seen her dance me. You seen a joy
in the hips. I masquerade any song
into a hymn of boogie, they know me like a spiritual
like tithes, they all know that my name
mean honey on the burn in the body’s language.
MY BOO!!! I love this poem and I love this man and I will forever vow to reblog. You better get to Muzzle like, yesterday, and read this.
Slam Poet Danez Smith Performs “Mail”
I adore this poem. Saw Danez at the Cantab Wednesday. He was amazing and so lovely to talk to. I was disappointed that this poem wasnt in his chapbook (which is just damn good)
This is my boo! I LOVE HIM. This better get Tumblr-famous. This man is gorgeous in every angle a ray of light can bend. He will rip your heart out and make you believe it hurts better that way. MMMMHM CAN’T SAY ENOUGH.